Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, May 26, 2008

Bolder Boulder 2008


We did it!

Today, Jared and I ran the Bolder Boulder 10K (6.2 miles). My time was 1:04:07.04, which is a 10.20-mile pace. To give you perspective, I was 20,242th place out of 50,000 runners. My goal was to finish the race within an hour and 12 minutes, so that I could be considered a runner instead of a jogger, so I was pleased with my finish time. The biggest personal victory is that I ran the entire thing without needing to walk. I told Jared he should patent his training program, but he claims it's pretty standard.


Props to fellow Stick Horse Lacey Maynard for creating our original horse headgear. Thanks to her genius, our race was filled with, "Way to go, Horses!" and "Giddy up, Horses!"


Near the end of the race, Jared and I turned toward each other to talk and our horses had a "moment."


I caught up with my friend Krishana after the race.


This was kind of a "pre-enactment," since we hadn't actually started the race yet. The race was a lot of fun with live music and neighbors cheering us on along the way. Let me know if you want to run with me next year. Happy Memorial Day!

5 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Congrats, Suzanne! That's a great time! If I were a runner I'd totally sign up for Jared's training program (TM)

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! And way to promote the Horses too!

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm proud of you girl! That's quite an accomplishment!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Terah Lynn said...

Suz...that is a great time and I do plan to visit next year at this time and run the Boulder Boulder!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Go you!! I'm inspired!

But I think the horses themselves had it easy...

Like the saying goes: you can invite a horse to a race but you can't make him run.

< / end silliness >

 

Post a Comment

<< Home