Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ridgecrest Idol


American Idol ended one week ago. For the record, I'm glad David Cook won.

I was at the Ridgecrest Christian Writer's Conference in Asheville, NC, at the time. The conference was fantastic. As part of the faculty talent show, I was asked to play Ridgecrest Idol judge Trala Blabdrool (beautiful name, I know). The three judges Mandy Slackson, Trala and Simone Cow, judged famous writers such as Charlotte Bronte, Daniel DeFoe and Jane Austin. The event was hosted by Rhianna Fleasnest. You can read more about it here.

I had a great time pulling out my best Paula impression, including her famous "seal clap" and a quip about Charlotte Bronte's second book. Not sure if Ridgecrest Idol will gain the following of AI, but I hope it encouraged writers that even the big names would receive criticism from the likes of Simone Cow. Moo.

5 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

That's great! Looks like fun. :-)

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool idea! I'm glad David Cook won too. It was the first time I really watched Idol, and I admit, I got hooked! :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Becky said...

"Trala Blabdrool"

Ok that's officially the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!

You're hilarious.

Hey ... wanna go to Hawaii tomorrow?

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Sure!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I would have loved to see that!

P.S. Austen is spelled with an "e", unlike the city in Texas! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home