Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Not Your Sushi Buddy


In a day where relationships can be confusing, it was refreshing to receive this clarity from a young man:

DTSR (Defining The Sushi Relationship):
We should just establish it now. Our sushi relationship can't be exclusive. I just can't limit myself to one person. Believe me, it's not you...it's me. I mean, I like eating sushi with you but I'm still young and I don't want to miss the possibility of other sushi relationships. We both need to move forward without feeling guilty. Please, just be careful as you're trying new rolls and experimenting. I would hate for you to have an "Chili Roll" experience with someone else.


My heart (and stomach) will go on.

4 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

Ya know, I just read your article on "not your buddy" for the second time.

And ya know... Guys can have the same problem. Reading into a girls actions too much as apposed to viewing the situation for what it is.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Frank, you're right! If I reprise this topic in my book, I plan to give it the thorough treatment it deserves. I think I hit on it a little in "You're a Great Guy, But..."

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

Both cases are a case where the guy lacks the wherewithal to lead.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Frank Martens said...

I'll tell ya what though, there's nothing simple about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home