Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Party Like You've Got a Cavity

My dentist is holding an "Open House." I've received three invitations so far:
Please join us in celebrating over nineteen years participation with you in the dental community, and the opening of our new office location.

Um, I don't mean to be rude, but really...what would motivate me to go to the dentist for fun? It would be one thing if they were giving away a free teeth whitening or a lifetime's worth of floss. But there's no mention of any prizes. Just a humble request to come "celebrate" with the dentist.

Don't get me wrong. I like my dentist. He is a very kind man. But I drag my feet to go there twice a year. Why would I give up perfectly good social time to party with the guy whose legacy in my life is pain?

I wonder what kind of snacks they'll have. Celery? Pretzels? Sugar-free gum?

One friend suggested I should go, just so I have something to blog about. Maybe I will...if my laundry is done, my friends are all out of town and there's nothing good on TV. Sadly, I just received an announcement that the event has been postponed until December. Perhaps the theme can be, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...and your drill to stay out of my mouth." Nothing says holiday cheer like a trip to the dentist.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Becky said...

HA HA HA! This post is hilarious, Suz. You are one funny girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home