Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bekah in Urinetown


OK, you'll have to get over your prejudice against the title (I did). But this weekend I traveled to Aberdeen, Wash., to see my sister Bekah play the lead in "Urinetown." One site describes the musical this way:

One of the most uproariously funny musicals in recent years, URINETOWN is a hilarious tale of greed, corruption, love and revolution in a time when water is worth its weight in gold.

Bekah played Hope Cladwell, an optimistic girl with a pure heart who finds herself in love with hero Bobby Strong and conflicted over her father's role in oppressing the people by making them pay to use the restroom. The musical spoofs other musicals, including "The Sound of Music," "Les Miserables," "Spamalot," "West Side Story" and "Fiddler on the Roof." Bekah got to sing some beautiful songs. I'll be posting videos in the next few days. Of course, I'm proud.

Here's some pictures from my weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home