Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

New York: Day 2


Friday was a day of exploring. Since we were still on Mountain and West Coast time, we dragged ourselves out of bed around 9 and out the door (to Starbucks) a little after 10. Our first stop was Fifth Ave. for some shopping (H&M, one of my favorite stores, is there).


We passed Trump Tower, Tiffany's and some cool churches on the way.


While on Fifth Avenue, we passed 51st Street, and Bekah happened to see "Wicked" down the way. So we walked down to Broadway and scoped out the theater where we'd attend "Wicked" that night. Next we walked through Times Square, which was amazing! (These incredible photos were taken by my sister Bekah.)


Taxis are kind of a big deal here.



Hangin' on the streets of New York.



We returned to our hotel late afternoon to get ready for the show. This was the third time I'd seen "Wicked," but it was my sisters' first. The show was what you'd expect from Broadway—outstanding.



"Wicked" tells the tale of how Glinda the Good Witch and Elpheba the Wicked Witch of the West were college roommates. The music is beautiful, fun, poignant and passionate.



A vacation that includes a good show (or four) is ideal for us. "Wicked" was a great one to start with.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ashleigh said...

How fun! A friend was just telling me the other day how she wished she would have seen "Wicked" when she was still living in L.A. She said she'd heard great things about it!

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW! Pretty sisters!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Annie said...

You are really making me wish I had some sisters! It looks so fun. I'm glad you had a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home