Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Remember the Poor, Part 2


Boundless published the second part of my article "Remember the Poor" today. In it, I discuss practical ways we can reach out to those in need.
Whether or not the needy deserve our help, there is an undeniable connection between giving to the poor and loving God. Proverbs 19:17 says: "He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done."

While it blows my mind that I even could lend something to God, what an amazing privilege! Getting started helping the poor may seem daunting, but opportunities are plentiful.

A few of these opportunities: be informed, have a plan, respond to the Spirit's leading, give and leave the results to God. Any other ideas out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home