Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wedding on the Way


Fall is my favorite season. Leaves. High school football. Pumpkin Spice lattes. And this fall, a wedding. I'm getting married on September 12, and I have definitely been sucked into the wedding-planning vortex. Kevin, my fiancé and my love, has made this such a wonderful season for me. Last night, after picking out his wedding band, we ate ice cream and watched CSI. We're not the think-about-the-wedding-every-minute type. And I'm glad. Sure, some wedding ideas may not come to fruition, but we will also look back on our engagement as a season of happy times together.

Another reason I'm not pulling my hair out is my wonderful Maid of Honor Melissa. She is creative, supportive and wonderfully generous. My wedding would be quite bland without her. Exhibit A, the centerpieces she helped me pick out and then designed. I chose the "ingredients," and she made the centerpiece happen. Sigh. God is good to me through my friends!

Only 24 days now! Three weeks and three days. I know the time will fly. I have a feeling this will be my best fall ever!

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Kelsey Donahue said...

September 12th...that is coming up really quick. I hope your wedding is everything you hoped it would be and more. Congrats Suz. :)

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only a few weeks away...i had no idea it was coming up so soon! will you continue writing for boundless and your blog? i hope to continue following your journey as you enter into this new stage of life!
love!
heidi

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Fall weddings are SO beautiful! Enjoy the fall, enjoy your special day & take it all in as much as you can because TIME FLIES! Our first wedding anniversary is already coming up in less than a month...I can't believe it's been a year already! Congrats again & post many, many pictures!! ( :

 

Post a Comment

<< Home