Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 17: Good Friday



Yesterday was Good Friday. In the evening, my friend Melissa and I went to my church's Good Friday service (Kevin had to work in the children's area). It was a powerful service that went through "The Stations of the Cross" -- the seven statements Jesus made on the cross. It's good to think about the suffering Christ went through on my behalf.

A key verse was Hebrews 12:3, which says, "Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." When we consider Christ and all He went through ... for us, it really changes our perspective.

Didn't get to take the picture until the very end of the day, so I was a little wrinkled. But I was pleased I still looked presentable. Also, something to share about this photo. I read somewhere that if you don't really have time for make-up, just use foundation, blush, mascara and lipstick. This is me, in mini make-up (it really works when you're wearing a color that's good on you). Top from Old Navy; pants from Maurice's; jacket from Gap; earrings from Express.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home