Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Day 26: Orange Makes Everything Better



Orange is my favorite color. Consequently, this is one of my favorite outfits. I just feel happy when orange is involved. I have really loved this floral top from Old Navy. The orange shirt is from the Gap. The jeans are Silver from Maurice's. Yesterday I didn't wear shoes. I stayed warm and cozy inside all day, while it snowed outside ... on May 2. Gotta love Colorado.

Yesterday I was realizing how different my life is than it was before baby. There's the obvious — I'm staying home instead of working. But there are the little things, too, like the fact that I hardly ever jump into my car and zip out for a latte or to pick up something at the store or to visit a friend. Every outing is an event that I have to plan for, pack for and prepare for. I'm less agile than I used to be. I know this will change as J gets a little older and easier to deal with out of the home. Part of it could be a lack of ambition on my part. But for now, I'm OK with the changes; it's just odd when I think I used to just jump in my car and zip here and there without a thought.

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Gretta said...

I remember wishing grocery stores had drive throughs so I could just get that extra gallon of milk or dozen eggs. I learned that having people over instead of meeting them at a coffee shop worked better and that leaving the house meant prepping to leave the house for 30 minutes before actually leaving it. You're right though, it does get easier. Or maybe you will just get used to it so it feels easier. Now I rejoice when I only have one child with me to take to the store or on an outing. You're doing great and looking fabulous. And I agree...orange is just a happy color. :)

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then you should love the grandparenting book I sent you. It's orange! I hope that color appeals to all the grandparents out there. For those who haven't seen the book, you can learn about it here: www.PreparingMyHeart.net. Grandparenting is always in season! And the book makes a great Mother's Day gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home