Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Thursday, April 03, 2008

I Interrupt this Presentation to Bring You...Altar Boyz

So I have to jump ahead to an NYC highlight. Last Spring, Becky and I got addicted to NBC's "Grease: You're the One That I Want." The show was something of a Broadway version of "American Idol," where the roles of Danny and Sandy were chosen from among thousands of contestants. One of my favorite contestants for the role of Danny was Chad Doreck. Unfortunately, Chad did not win the competition.


Fast forward to this past Sunday. Sarah, Bekah and I attended the off-Broadway show "Altar Boyz." The show was a spoof on boy bands. To my surprise and delight, Chad Doreck played the part of Matthew. It was neat because off-Broadway is a much more intimate setting than the bigger theaters, so you feel like you're practically on stage.

After the show, the Boyz announced that they were doing a fundraiser for Broadway Cares. For a donation of $20, you could get your picture taken with the cast. We decided to go for it. As we waited in line, Sarah leaned into me: "It's important to you that you stand by Chad, isn't it?"

I smiled sheepishly. "Yeah."

I'll admit it: I was a little starstruck.

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Woohoo! Just think, Suzanne, had we one that Grease show, you probably never would have met him. :)

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

i was at that performance too, it was his last one... so sad! but i am glad you enjoyed the show!

(i am an Altarholic- the devout fanbase, and i have a google alert set up for ABz and that is how your blog popped up!)

ps... that is an awesome picture!

and i am also jealous of your skill to take a picture during the show... during #918 if i am correct! (no worries i wont tell)

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Tamra, welcome to my blog! I'm surprised that your an Altarholic and never managed to bootleg a pic. The reason I took this one was because I had to show Becky that I saw Chad. :) I didn't know we'd get a chance to actually pose with him. (Be still my heart.) Now I feel even luckier knowing that was his last performance!

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So a guy has to be an altar boy huh?

all the play stuff looks fun to me anyway. R the NYC folk as cold and detached as they're made out to be? I've never been. does anyone say a word on street/subway?

This HAS to be a great day = "joy" was spelled out in the code word verify!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Suz, I must have been on crack when I wrote my comment. I meant, "had HE WON ..." of course. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home