Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Sunday, November 02, 2008

A Little Fall Fun


Friday night I attended my church's costume party for fifth and sixth grade. My friends Courtney and Kelsey won most creative costumes and best duo. Anyone craving a hot dog?


I went as a hippie because I had the costume left over from my 70s birthday party. However, sixth graders don't seem to be familiar with the concept.

Jacob: What are you?

Me: A hippie.

Jacob: What's a hippie?

Me: What do you think it is?

Jacob: A bum?

Hmm.

Anyway, most kids thought I was a pirate or a gypsy. And I suppose I can see their point. The scarf and bangle bracelets made me reminiscent of each. By the way, this brunette wig is one of the best purchases I've ever made. I've worn it in costume six times.


After departing the costume party, I went to Grace and Abe's and played a little laser tag with Sarah Palin, a ninja and a member of Motley Crue.


Sarah also brought these darling cupcakes. She really can do it all! I wondered why I felt so terrible today; then I realized I'd eaten WAY more sugar this weekend than usual. Step away from the candy.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...dark hair really actually suits you!! Think about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home