Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Friday, May 06, 2011

Day 30: Free at Last



Well, people, we did it. This is Day 30. I wore this dress, cami and shoes from Maurice's on my birthday, but I hadn't used it as the actual daily outfit. We supposedly got a high of 76 today, so it was a perfect day for a springy dress. I wish Kevin and I could have figured out how to make this dress look as flattering on me as all dresses look on my friend Denise. But we tried our best.



This is one of those close-ups Kevin has a tendency to sneak. But it does show off my new haircut.

So the challenge has ended, and I promised to tell you a few of the things I learned:

1. I can stick with something for 30 days! This challenge required me to spend about an hour to an hour-and-a-half daily, between choosing my outfit, getting myself picture-ready and having a photo shoot. Now I'm inspired to think of what else I could do in an hour a day: a cooking challenge (cook a new dinner every day for 30 days), reading challenge, house project challenge, exercise challenge, etc.!

2. I don't need THAT many clothes to look stylish each day. Coming up with the 30 outfits using my 30 existing items was surprisingly easy. I will be cleaning my closet out and getting rid of things I hardly wear. In addition, when I go shopping, I will better know which items would be versatile in my wardrobe.

3. How to wear a scarf.

4. Posting a picture of oneself every day feels vain. No, I take that back; it IS vain. But it is vanity with a purpose (see point #5).

5. I can inspire others. I had half a dozen friends say that my challenge inspired them to get creative with their wardrobes and come up with at least one new outfit. (Hooray!)

6. Taking a picture of oneself every day is not fun after day #3.

7. Just because I am a new mom, I DO NOT have to stay in pajamas all day (at least not every day ;). There are benefits to taking the time to get ready each day, including feeling good about myself and looking good for my husband.

So did you have a favorite outfit during this challenge? Did you try putting together an outfit of your own? Thanks, everyone, for playing along. Stay tuned for what I do next!

3 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That was fun to see. You are cute as a button. Now that's something my own mom would of said...but it's true !

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

opp's that was ME..Ann not Jess. She's my daughter but I guess she did not log out or something. Strange how that happened.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Go ahead and send your closet cast-offs my way ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home