Suzanne's Second Estate

A web log of my thoughts, activities, life....

Monday, May 09, 2011

First Mother's Day


I can't believe one year ago Kevin and I were just getting back from Washington where we'd told my family that we were going to have a baby. This mother's day, I got to kiss and hold and love on that baby. He even signed my Mother's Day card (with Kevin's help). We just had to share all that cuteness and love, so we visited my grandma.



Josiah was a big hit at Grandma's assisted living facility. We got stopped every few feet for people to ooo and ah over how cute he was. As my 5-year-old nephew Ben said after visiting a year ago, "They like me there."



Then we met up with Kevin's parents for Chinese food dinner and strawberry shortcake. I love this picture of three generations of Gosselin boys. I told Kevin it was very odd for Mother's Day to be celebrating ME. For so many years, Mother's Day was only about MY mom ... like her birthday. But I thoroughly enjoyed getting a little special treatment, and I especially enjoyed spending the day with the cool kid who made me a mom.

1 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous leslie gould said...

Yay! What a great little family all of you make. So, so happy for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home